Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 29: Is in dilemma...

My dearest friend


Maybe that's how I should call this blog from now on, hehehe~

I just started reading Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl last Friday, still continuing now, and I'm still surprised as of why I didn't start reading it sooner. I knew about Anne Frank since I was in junior high school if I;m not mistaken, I remember I found the book, the old version in Sanur's library. I remember opened it and look at some entries, maybe because the book was the old one, I ended up not interested. Funny how now I seemed to be can't be separated from Nazi-themed things. Last winter I visited the Anne Frank house, the Secret Annexe, in Amsterdam. It was pretty much an overwhelming experience. I almost couldn't hold my tears, one visitor even broke down crying. You really can feel how intense it was, how in such a small and comfortable (or maybe quite big but not so comfortable) place a young girl was living there for about two years in fear and also every kind of emotions she has experienced there.

Then after that I visited Auschwitz in Poland with my dearest best buddy the Cool Cat. Perhaps because it wasn't so cold, it was sunny day in winter, it was in the afternoon and Cool Cat promised to kick me if I shed a tear, I wasn't feeling sad at all. Maybe I was bracing myself and forced myself to be strong because I knew it would be another intense feeling trip. Nevertheless, I feel so lucky I'm able to visit one of the most horrible place in the history. God has permit me to arrive here & there safely, has blessed me to understand the horror of Nazi in the past, He allowed me to be safe and to see things by myself. I shouldn't complaining of small things should I?

Even though I said so, I'm still complaining about things in my life now. Well, I'm a human and that how a human is.

Is it?

Or is it just an excuse?


I will change the topic now.

We finally got our F&B admin project's grades. I was so relieved when I saw I got 9.6 for individual grade and 9.5/10 for the whole group. If my individual grade is indeed 9.6, it will be such a great help to boost my exam! I mean, I'm not good at numbers and the exam is full of calculations. I have to worry about this.

As for operations management, I have to say I am very very very satisfied! This is the first time I did a presentation and the audience really enjoyed it, and even laughed so hard. I have to admit this is all thanks to Steven. He was annoying because of his attitudes and curses but he knows how to do the work well, making the PPT in one night, giving ideas for funny clips......I never be able to do that. Now I' worried if I can do marketing well.  Anyway, even Mr. Schofield praised us.

Next week I will have both exam in the same day. God help me, I will study hard so I won't get resits again like last semester. Enough is enough.

Not to mention I just found out I had spent 500 chf until now!!! I think I will just go to Lyon for midterm, makes my life much easier.

I have so many things to write in 1 journal.

Now it's about graduation day. I can't believe this school!! They changed the graduation day from 4th June until before final exam!! What kind of graduation is that?? There's no way we can celebrate our graduation with so much anxiety for exams.....and even resits. What if there's someone who failed??? This is ridiculous. And even sadder is, how ignorant our friends can be. The other day we had a meeting with our program leader to talk about this, but only 1 people came! I understand those who have CBL, it was their last day and they have to prepare everything. But the others??? Simply didn't come, even though they complained about it a lot. Too much money to spend huh?


Another thing: internship

I got rejected from Ritz-Carlton Penha Longa Portugal. I guess it's a good thing. Even though the place, the payment & the accommodation isn't that good, but I want the name! It will look good in my CV later of course! But I have no idea where I want to have my internship now. I'm thinking about a lot of places: Switz, USA, Japan, Canada, Singapore, China.......hmmm......my priority is Switz, USA and Singapore I guess. I would say Canada and Japan would be almost impossible, considering the nature of the Japanese. Besides the RC over there told me they don;t accept internship student when I called. On the other hand, I'm still waiting a reply form RC Boston & Singapore, and also from Kempinski Geneva & Sanya. I need to send more. Massive sending always good at this rate~

Last thing: mid term break

I was thinking to go with Pailin etc for a tour of German, Prague, Austria tour but I;m worried they will call me for interview at the time. So....I guess even though I want to go, I have to cancel it and make another plan. I can just go to Lyon, it's near, and maybe visit Sha in Paris for a moment? Besides, I'm getting worried that Ray has became quite clingy to me. I hope Ruhafzo's fortune telling isn't true. He;s not my type & he has a girlfriend. Not a good idea at all.


..........it;s too long already so I will write about Ron & Felix tomorrow I guess.


I will call this a day and hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment